28.2.15

A Crochet Project Revisited

Chiang Mai has a thriving craft scene. There is a lot of really interesting crafting going on. Bookshops stock lots of gorgeous books on crafts. Last year I showed you some pictures from Bantaktor: a crochet (and a bit of knitting) project in Northern Thailand with a shop in Chiang Mai. They employ about fifty women who crochet and knit good quality products in return for which they receive a fair payment.

Recently I revisited them and they had lots of cute, new things. I think you don't mind having another peak inside. ;-) So here we go!


ByHaafner, crochet, Bantakor, Chiang Mai, fairtrade, granny square








ByHaafner, crochet, Bantakor, Chiang Mai, fairtrade,

ByHaafner, crochet, Bantakor, Chiang Mai, fairtrade,
ByHaafner, crochet, Bantakor, Chiang Mai, fairtrade,

ByHaafner, crochet, Bantakor, Chiang Mai, fairtrade,


ByHaafner, crochet, Bantakor, Chiang Mai, fairtrade,granny square, bunting, garland

ByHaafner, knitting, cushion, Bantakor, Chiang Mai,

ByHaafner, crochet, Bantakor, Chiang Mai,

ByHaafner, crochet, Bantakor, Chiang Mai, granny square


ByHaafner, crochet, Bantakor, Chiang Mai, bunting, garland
ByHaafner, crochet, Bantakor, Chiang Mai,
ByHaafner, crochet, Bantakor, Chiang Mai,

































Would you like to see more? You can find Bantaktor on Facebook - here. And of course do pay them a visit if you are in or near Chiang Mai. It's well worth it! Click here for my post from last year.

That's all for now! I hope you've enjoyed this little crafty tour.

Many thanks for your kind visit and have a lovely weekend.


9 comments:

  1. That looks great! Very creative and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful shop - I could happily spend hours in there. I particularly like the baskets that hand with the little leather strap.
    A lovely post,
    Kate
    www.justpootling.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting these pictures! So inspirational, there were a few times I thought ' I like to make that too' :)Must be delightful for you to spend time in there!
    Thanks again! Hope you enjoy the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did enjoy this tour. Is it not grand that crocheting can be an international language?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the lovely tour!!!!! yummy!!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the crochet baskets with the leather handle - excellent yarn baskets, I'd say:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, what an amazing place! I think i'd be in there for HOURS! I love places like that, that can just make you giddy with colour joy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How many beautiful things !!!!! I like everything! especially baskets with t-shirt yarn and crochet garlands! What good time walk through here!

    ReplyDelete