26.2.14

Colours, Culture and Whatnot ~ Snapshots for Inspiration #2

Shortly after I wrote in my last post that I sometimes wonder if I can translate something I see into a crochet pattern, I came across this wall painting. Wow! I can easily see how I could translate this into a work of crochet... Actually, I might do just that sometime. This pattern has been on my to do list for quite a while and I really like these colours. It would be a perfect selfmade souvenir.

ByHaafner, wall painting in Thailand, bright colours




















In Lampang these birds and flowers brighten up a temple wall. Simply love it.

ByHaafner, wall picture, temple, birds and flowers


Despite - our should I say due to? - its colourful attire this rabbit looks unhappy, don't you think?

ByHaafner, temple, year of the rabbit


I can see these tiles turning into an amazing crochet throw - colours, pattern, edging & all. What do you think?

ByHaafner, geometric tiles pattern



The temples are so colourful...
ByHaafner, temple Chiang Mai



 Love the colours of these noodles. Turmeric, I suppose.

ByHaafner, street food Thailand, noodles

Colourful lanterns are everywhere...

ByHaafner, colourful lanterns Thailand

ByHaafner, colourful lanterns Thailand


ByHaafner, river Wang Thailand

ByHaafner, China town

ByHaafner, bamboo hut





















Gorgeous light in the early (well, not that early...) morning.

ByHaafner, bamboo chair

Thanks for your visit. Hopefully till soon!
♦♦

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, full to brim with inspiration. It got my heart singing! I love love love the lanterns. Be still my beating heart.....and the chair with the view?..........goodness me......WOW! Enjoy your travels!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa for your kind comment! Yes, that chair was the ideal crochet spot. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Ik haal ook graag mijn inspiratie uit mijn omgeving.
    Jou bovenste plaatje heb ik al eens omgezet naar een haakpatroon.
    Ik had dezelfde gedachten als jou ;)
    Hier kun je het vinden en dan je eigen kleuren gebruiken.
    http://www.jellina-creations.nl/2/post/2012/03/patroontje-ruit.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank voor het delen van de link! Fijn! Ik had inderdaad al eens bewonderend naar gekeken naar jouw werk!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, there is inspiration in every one of the photographs, whether pattern, color or just the overall atmosphere.

    I like that little rabbit...think he looks very determined. Focused. No daydreaming for that bunny.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm relieved: A Determined Bunny. I like that indeed! Thanks for your kind words Frances!

      Delete
  4. I love to take pictures of tiles, too : they are really inspiring!!!!
    Have fun, xxxxxx ale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, aren't they!? Yes, I love tiles. I went to a beautiful Tiles Museum in Lisbon last summer. Recommended!

      Delete
  5. That noodle colour is just perfect, I agree and I love the colour description of 'turmeric', its such a great word. Now to find yarn that captures this exact colour.....x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that would be great, to have yarn in that colour... And the good news is: Stel offered the solution to that in her comment below! Check it out!
      All best, Haafner
      PS. Actually, these noodles look quite yarn-ish, don't they?

      Delete
  6. Oh, those tiles are beautiful.

    Did you see the yarn that Cozy Made Things dyed with turmeric? Specially the darker batch...I love it.
    http://cozymadethings.blogspot.com/2014/02/adventures-with-turmeric.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks for that link - I hadn't seen it yet. It's gorgeous! Thanks Stel!

      Delete
  7. Lovely photos - very envious! The tiles would translate very well into a patchwork, I think (I can't crochet - yet). The temple birds are beautiful. Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment. I can really recommend learning to crochet. It's quite easy and so rewarding (and relaxing!)
      All best, Haafner

      Delete
  8. Hallo Haafner,
    Wat een mooie foto's, die kleuren en het licht. En wat zal je veel inspiratie hebben opgedaan! De kleuren van de tegels vind ik wonderschoon! Ik ben heel benieuwd naar de weerslag van dit alles in je altijd al mooie werk.
    Groetjes en een hele fijne dag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel voor je reactie! Het is inderdaad heerlijk om al die indrukken op te doen. Fijne dag! Haafner

      Delete