3.11.15

A Darling Doily...

... Or a Mega Mandala... Not sure which name is more apt.

byHaafner, crochet, doily, mandala, pastel


I used a pattern from a Portuguese crochet magazine called Croché de Filé, nr. 32. I'm sorry, that's all the information I can find in it. I can't remember when I bought it exactly, but the year of publication is either 2013 or 2014.

byHaafner, crochet, mandala, doily, pastel



I made this piece recently as my contribution to Kathryn Vercillo's project Mandalas for Marinke: Kathryn's important and touching depression awareness project in memory of crochet blogger Wink from A Creative Being. It's great to see how many crocheters from around the world contributed to it.

byHaafner, crochet, doily, mandala, pastel














Thanks for your visit! So lovely to meet you here!
I wish you a happy day.

15 comments:

  1. Love this sweetpink doily. Beautiful pattern !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful doily! Such delicate colors. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pattern and colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the colours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet colours for your darling doily...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Śliczna z dwóch kolorów serwetka.Pozdrawiam gorąco.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Je doily ziet er weer prachtig uit Haafner. Mooie kleurtjes zoals altijd en een schitterend patroon!

    Een fijn weekend! Haakze!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very beautiful, like all of your work!
    I just wanted to thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us, and especially for making and sharing the pattern for your awesome Smitten blanket! I made a blanket for myself using your pattern and I absolutely love it! Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for your lovely words. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your version of the Smitten Blanket. xhaafner

      Delete
  9. So beautiful in those delicious colors! What kind of yarn did you use....cotton? What weight is it? Thank you.

    KT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KT! I used mercerised cotton (I think it DK weight - but it's not on the label so I'm not sure I'm afraid.) I used a 3 mm hook.

      Delete
  10. Hi Haafner, I love your mandala, it is simply stunning! So much hard work has gone into it! And your blanket below is also wonderful! (sorry I am so behind on my commenting, but better late than not at all!)
    Take care,
    Ingrid xx
    Myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete